Search This Blog

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Southwest Graph Afghan

Finished Afghan


I posted this project on Ravelry and decided to post a graph here for anyone who would like to make this afghan. IMPORTANT NOTE: Each square represents 3 double crochets and two rows, so you will work each row of the graph twice (it's the same left to right or right to left) and 3 double crochets for every square. The first and last row are done only once which is why the line on the graph is drawn the through the middle of the row.

I used super bulky yarn and a P (11.5mm) hook.
The yarn I used was Lion Brand Hometown USA in Houston Cream, Chicago Charcoal, and Madison Mustard. Sorry, but somehow I forgot to record the amounts of each color of yarn I used, but if I come across the amounts in my notes, I will edit to include that info.

I altered the graph slightly from my original project. The original is 90 stitches x 46 rows. The graph is 90 stitches x 50 rows.  My original afghan measured about 52" x 63"  which is a little larger than the given gauge of  3 dc x 2 rows = 2".  I crochet loosely, so the gauge should be about right for average crocheters. 





7 comments:

  1. I wish the pattern was darker ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that. When I tried to adjust the darkness it got fuzzy. My computer wasn't cooperating. I will try to fix it when I get a chance.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Hi Lori. Can you please tell me how many chains you used at the end of each row before you turned your work (to go up to the next line)? Thanks! heather at micanip dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. The ch2 sequence makes sense! Can't wait to give this a go, so many thanks for all your hard work and spirit of sharing. ~ heather :)

      Delete
  3. I chained 2, loosely enough to be the height of a double crochet.

    ReplyDelete